Airbnb Is Hiring a Marketing Manager in Sydney
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From treehouses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires the some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
The Marketing Manager, ANZ will report to the Director - Marketing, APAC and will be based in Sydney, Australia. They will be responsible for supporting and implementing fully integrated marketing programs for NZ to drive profitable growth and brand health for the region. They will manage agency partners and work collaboratively with their Super Brand Marketing colleagues including communications, social media, online and email marketing and cross functional teams such as product marketing and importantly, country leadership.
- Support the development and implementation of brand strategies, insights and the country messaging framework, to communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in ANZ in line with the global strategy
- Collaborate with marketing, product and operations functions to develop and execute brand marketing campaigns and plans
- Work closely with the NZ team to build, develop and execute integrated and highly effective marketing programs.
- Assist in the management of creative and media agency partners to ensure we can scale marketing capabilities in line with growth plans
- Enable and support localization, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal; articulate market nuances for teams who aren’t familiar with the market
- Manage and track marketing budgets and ensure effective budget utlization
- Ensure timely and appropriate communications and enablement on marketing programs, campaigns and resources to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Manage analytics and reporting for country marketing activities working closely with the Analytics team
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience travelling and hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 5-10+ years of relevant work experience at interactive, advertising, or marketing agencies and/or experience managing brand development and marketing on the client side —preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written.
- Experience building a brand’s integrated marketing presence with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects – across digital marketing, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships
- An integrated marketing mindset and excellent understanding of the interplay of offline and online, and between paid, earned and owned channels
- Strong agency management expertise – creative and media agencies
- Excellent copywriting skills and a keen visual sense. An eye for detail and a quick wit
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Experience working in fast paced global teams and communicating across national boundaries
- Strong budget and project management skills, attention to detail and communication skills
- Knowledge of analytics, web technology, digital campaigns and strong creative and brand strategy skills
- Natural collaboration and bridge-building skills