Assistant Buyer, Mens Apparel, The ICONIC
SYDNEY: Assistant Buyer, Mens Apparel, The ICONIC
About the Buying Department
Buyers at THE ICONIC have a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy, in what is often a pressured environment. A Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell to a specific customer demographic. Buyers source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive. By fully understanding their customer demographic’s needs and the eCommerce world of retail, buyers are able to maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range of product. Actively keeping up-to-date with market trends, quickly reacting to changes in demand and owning your business area – are all key elements of a role in Buying. With a range of opportunities from Buyers Administration, Assistant Buyers, Junior Buyers, Buyers and Head of Department – we are always keen to hear from talented Branded and Product Development Buyers.
About the Role
The key focus of this position is to assist the buying team by providing administrative support relevant to the buying department. This is where your strong computer skills come in. You will be developed to assist in the selection of product and based on your progress, eventually have responsibility for specific product.
What will I be doing?
- Process purchase orders
- Input style codes and distribution templates
- Review and reconcile order confirmations
- Attend showings and assist in the selection of product
- Prepare accurate sales reports
- Assist with analysing range performance
- Maintain data integrity
- Catalogue preparation
- Communicate with suppliers
- Communicate with stores
- Ensure complete and accurate records are maintained
More about you.........
Who We Are Looking For?
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and intermediate general computer skills
- Relevant buying experience, preferable Menswear but not essential
- Analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Well-developed time management skills to support senior buyers
- An eye for future trends and the ability to back your judgement
- Strong communication and effective reporting skills
What sets you apart from the rest?
- You're true to your customers and passionate about WOW-ing them every day
- You don’t just deliver what’s expected, you dream big and are obsessed with making improvements
- You simply…....get things done. Enough said.
- You've got your colleagues’ backs because you know that together, we are stronger